Fundraising & Communications Lead
Hours: 21-35 p/w negotiable
Reporting to: Group Chief Executive
Responsible for: Income generation, communication and events
Salary: £30-£33,000 (FTE) pro rata depending on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fundraising & Communications Lead to join our friendly and hardworking Income Generation Team based at our offices in Amersham, Bucks.
The MPS Society is the only registered UK charity providing professional support to individuals, families and professionals affected by MPS and related diseases which are rare or ultra-rare and are both progressive and life limiting. Through our highly dedicated team we offer support throughout the UK that both informs and empowers the community we serve and that raises awareness of this disease group to a wider audience both nationally and internationally.
In conjunction with the Group Chief Executive and as part of the three year Business Development Plan you will develop and implement a new Fundraising and Communications strategy. As part of this role you will be expected to:
- Increase income generation by identifying and developing new revenue streams whilst maximising existing opportunities
- Lead, manage, motivate and support a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and are supported in order to be successful in their individual roles
- Ensure reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes are robust and provide the necessary information to the Group Chief Executive
- Increase donations through legacies
- Develop and update accessible fundraising materials to make fundraising easy for supporters
- Develop communication methods to a range of audiences in order to increase the Charity’s digital and social media fundraising and awareness initiatives
- Lead engagement initiatives with existing and potential new volunteers
- Manage and develop the Charity’s exciting events program
The successful candidate must have a strong fundraising background, previous experience in charity sector, experience in developing fundraising events and a track record of achieving financial targets.
For an informal discussion about the post please ring Barbara on 0345 389 9901 or to apply, email us a copy of your CV and cover letter.