Bake Sale for MPS
Why hold a Bake Sale?
- Research published by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) found that bake sales in Great Britain helped raise an estimated £185 million for charities in 2014.
- Most people (63%) agree that raising money for charity is a good reason to do something they enjoy, while one in five people (20%) even agree that cake tastes better when it has baked for a good cause!
A few tips to help you on your way…
- Contact the MPS Society at firstname.lastname@example.org for a fundraising pack, which contains posters, leaflets, balloons and more.
- Offer a variety of sizes, from full cakes and pies, to individual cupcakes and biscuits
- Cater for different dietary requirements, e.g. sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free, low fat
- Decorate your tables and bring items packaged in pretty boxes and wrappers – a bit of bunting is always good too!
- Make your pricing as clear as possible.
- Get support from local bakeries and coffee shops – they may donate items to your sale.
- Publicise your event on social media and put up plenty of posters (see below for our downloadable poster) in your local area to let people know when and where.
- Consider time and place when planning your sale. Choose a time when people are likely to be out and about, such as a Saturday afternoon or alongside another big event.
- Enjoy yourself!