How your money helps
Since the MPS Society was first founded over 30 years ago we have relied heavily on donations from our members and supporters to achieve our key aims:
- To provide support to those affected
- Fund vital research
- Raise awareness of these rare and devastating diseases
We have made many outstanding achievements over the years and your money helps us in a variety of ways.
Meet some of the children and adults we support.
Read our latest annual review.
- £5 buys 10 small flasks to grow cells for testing the effectiveness of therapies for neurological diseases
- £16 buys 200 storage containers for blood samples so that patient samples can be stored and used to test effectiveness of therapies and to develop new biomarkers of the disease
- £25 supports a tree planting and inscription in memory for one bereaved family at the MPS Childhood Wood
- £60 would enable one family to attend a regional family event such as a trip to Cadbury World, to have fun with other MPS families;
- £100 is the average cost of a home visit from a member of the Advocacy Team to an affected family providing practical and emotional support
- £200 enables a child who lives with a brother or sister with MPS, to attend a Sibling Activity Weekend encouraging peer support and an opportunity to share stories and have fun!
- £1000 would fund 6 specialist MPS clinics in a year