How your money helps
Since the MPS Society was first founded 35 years ago we have relied heavily on donations from our members and supporters to achieve our key aims:
- To provide support to those affected
- Fund vital research
- Raise awareness of these rare and devastating diseases
We have made many outstanding achievements over the years and your money helps us in a variety of ways.
Meet some of the children and adults we support.
Read our latest annual review.
- £5 buys 10 small flasks to grow cells for testing the effectiveness of therapies for neurological diseases
- £16 buys 200 storage containers for blood samples so that patient samples can be stored and used to test effectiveness of therapies and to develop new biomarkers of the disease
- £25 supports a tree planting and inscription in memory for one bereaved family at the MPS Childhood Wood
- £60 would enable one family to attend a regional family event such as a trip to Cadbury World, to have fun with other MPS families;
- £100 is the average cost of a home visit from a member of the Advocacy Team to an affected family providing practical and emotional support
- £200 enables a child who lives with a brother or sister with MPS, to attend a Sibling Activity Weekend encouraging peer support and an opportunity to share stories and have fun!
- £1000 would fund 6 specialist MPS clinics in a year