Events and MPS clinics
Events – Conferences and Family Events
Many individuals and families suffer isolation when a rare condition like one of the MPS or related diseases is diagnosed. They can often feel shut off and very much alone. Imagine for one moment telling someone your child has MPS or Fabry disease, the normal response is a total blank, confusion or even embarrassment. The result can be isolation. MPS Society events for families and individuals affected by MPS and related diseases break down the isolation, enable experiences to be exchanged, bring understanding, care and support and for many, the development of lasting friendships.
- MPS Awareness Day – Monday, 15th May 2017
- 5th Fabry International Network Meeting • Athens, Greece – 19th–20th May 2017
- MPS Weekend Conference 2017 • Hilton, Coventry – 7th July–9th July 2017 – Programme and booking form now available or Book Online Here
- 15th Annual International Symposium on MPS and Related Diseases • San Diego, California – 1–4 Aug 2018
MPS Regional Clinics
MPS regional clinics are held across the UK in Manchester, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, London and Newcastle.
The purpose of these clinics is to allow individuals to regularly see a specialist consultant and where possible other medical professionals, hopefully limiting the number of separate appointments individuals and families have to attend.
The clinics also allow individuals and families to meet together and to access support from the MPS Advocacy team, who also attend.
Great Ormond Street Hospital 2017
- MPS IV – 28th Mar, 25th Jul, 10th Oct
- MPS I BMT – 28th Feb, 27th Jun, 12th Sep, 28th Nov
- MPS III – 14th Mar, 11th Jul, 26th Sep, 12th Dec
Birmingham Children’s Hospital 2017
- MPS IV – 20th Jan, 17th Mar, 15th Sep
- MPS III – 24th Feb, 21st Jul, 18th Aug (afternoon)
- Transition clinic – 24th Apr (afternoon), 29th Sep (afternoon)
- Fabry – 24th Apr (morning), 19th May, 20th Oct (afternoon)
- MPS I – 16th Jun (afternoon)
- BMT – 16th Jun (morning)
- Mixed clinic – 18th Aug (morning)
- MPS II – 17th Nov
- MPS VI – 29th Sep (morning)
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham 2017
- Adult Fabry – 10th Jan, 14th Feb, 14th Mar, 11th Apr, 9th May, 13th Jun, 11th Jul,
8th Aug, 12th Sep, 10th Oct, 14th Nov, 12th Dec
Manchester Children’s Hospital 2017
- Post HSCT clinic (over 6 years) – 20th Jan, 28th Apr, 14th Jul, 13th Oct
- Post HSCT clinic (under 6 years) – 27th Jan, 7th Apr, 7th Jul, 6th Oct