How to deal with sibling rivalry
Time & Location
About the Event
We are pleased to be able to offer our second online workshop for parents and carers on how to deal with sibling rivalry which will be delivered by Sibs for UK MPS Society members. Sibs is the only UK charity for children and adults who are growing up with or have grown up with a disabled brother or sister.
This workshop is for parents and carers of someone with MPS, Fabry or a related disease who want to learn more about dealing with sibling rivalry. The focus of the workshop will be on helping parents cope with what happens when their children are displaying sibling rivalry. There will be the opportunity for parents and carers to ask questions. The workshop will be followed up with handouts and contact details for parents requiring more in-depth help. This will be a confidential session for parents and carers, with cameras on and no screenshots or recordings taken.
· Welcome and introductions
· How to spot if your sibling child is having difficulty coping
· What to do if your sibling isn’t getting on with their brother or sister
· How to manage challenging behaviour
· Support available from MPS Society and Sibs